SEMINAR NIGHT- FRIDAY 27th MARCH 2009
The how, when and where of catching whiting, tailor, bream, dart, flathead and other beach species from the shore throughout the year. Gary Howard will cover “reading the beach”, gutter formation, where in the gutters to fish and for which species; bait fishing-dead baits & live baits, lure casting- slugs & soft plastics. In particular, Gary will share his latest secrets on how to catch ‘super-sized’ whiting in the surf.
SPEAKER: Gary Howard
Gary’s presentation is a ‘MUST SEE’ for beginners and for those wishing to improve their skills & success. He’s a renowned fishing & boating writer/presenter, an inspirational speaker, and a custom rod builder who owns Gary Howard Performance Rods.
- Selection of appropriate tackle for targeting the different beach species and different surf conditions- rods, reels, line, sinkers, lures and hooks.
- Gutter formations- how to ‘read the beach’. Which gutters to fish for the various species.
- Successful skills & techniques for catching tailor, whiting, bream, dart and flathead.
- The effect of tides and moon phases on when and where to catch fish. Planning for best success.
- Live bait gathering techniques- beach worming, and collecting pippies, yabbies and baitfish
- Bait rigging- live and dead baits.
- Lure fishing the surf- soft plastics versus casting lures.
- How to beat the ‘dreaded weed’
- Caring for your catch- ensuring the fish you catch are at their best for the dining table; or if you wish to release them, how to ensure their survival.
$8 entry fee- includes infor & fun, food (deluxe sausage sizzle), & a chance to win the door prize (see details overleaf). Drinks may be purchased.
The seminar will be presented in the car park (closed off to vehicular access for the evening, and specially lit. Rain no problem). Enter via front door. Inside the shop our exciting range of fishing tackle will be for sale, with extra DISCOUNT INCENTIVES for purchases made on the evening or next day.
With Easter only two weeks later, this will be an excellent time to take notes on the best gear for success, and to receive guidance on your requirements. Speak to Gary, one of Jones’s Tackle’s
experienced staff or one of the available representatives from Alvey and Gary Howard Performance Rods. Please advise if you’ll be attending so we can cater adequately for you.
Jones’s Tackle- address & booking details: Please advise us if you will be attending this seminar.
504 Lutwyche Rd.
P: (07) 3857 5857
F: (07) 3857 3378
To join our mailing list and receive online specials and information- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email and contact details.
LUCKY DOOR PRIZE:
2 nights motel accommodation for up to three people at Eurong Beach Resort which is the perfect beach-front base for fishing holidays, four-wheel-driving adventures and exploring Fraser Island. The resort boasts a modern restaurant and bar overlooking a large swimming pool. Eurong Beach Resort is set amid hectares of lawns and gardens on the front of Seventy-Five Mile Beach.
You will be right on the doorstep of some of the best surf fishing in Australia.
PLUS: The NEW Gary Howard Surf Special
12’ rod with a NEW Alvey 600BT Turbocast reel- the perfect light surf outfit